Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Are all Christians Conscientious Objectors?

Are all Christians Conscientious Objectors?

The other night I watched
PBS: The Good War and Those Who Refused To Fight It about conscientious objectors during WWII. It reminded me of how I used to basically believe the same way, even making sure I had several registered letters to document my (unofficial) CO status when it looked like the US might go to war with Nicaragua years ago, due to what Herbert W. Armstrong taught in his Military Service and War booklet.

Later, due to wondering about the Quaker influence upon Mr. Armstrong and unresolved questions or apparent contradictions about this important Christian subject, I did a prayerful Bible study on it and wrote it up to share my different conclusions.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Since then, I've also written these additional articles:

Separation of Church and State? Says Who?

God's One Government Has Two Branches!

David Ben-Ariel is a Christian-Zionist writer and author of Beyond Babylon: Europe's Rise and Fall. With a focus on the Middle East and Jerusalem, his analytical articles help others improve their understanding of that troubled region. Check out the Beyond Babylon blog.

No comments: