Thursday, May 07, 2009

Flock of Seagulls and Kaleidoscope

David Ben-Ariel, Sdot Yam


















After a friend saw this picture of me on the Mediterranean beach at Kibbutz Sdot Yam (1989), she cackled it reminded her of the Flock of Seagulls. So I googled Flock of Seagulls to see what they looked like, enjoyed listening to a couple of their videos and was inspired to write this poem called
KALEIDOSCOPE

A montage of memories flow through my brain
Images and people and places like blood in my veins
So many lives, different places and times
Rhymes without reason,
twirling in season
A kaleidoscope in my mind...
There you are, here I am, together but far away
It all seems so crazy
I can see you but you can't see me, so it seems
My hearts beats faster
The music plays louder and
The memories flow through my brain
People and places, blood in my veins
So many lives, different places and sighs
A kaleidoscope in my mind
Out of sight, out of time...

No comments: