Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coleman Theater (Miami, Oklahoma)

[The following are excerpts from the Coleman Theatre website]

Welcome to the Coleman Theatre Beautiful Miami, Oklahoma!


From opening day April 18, 1929 with a full house of 1,600, the Coleman Theatre Beautiful has never been "dark". Since the Coleman family donated the historic structure to the City of Miami in 1989, restoration and renovation of the theatre has become a "labor of love" in the community.

Begin your virtual tour in Act I - The Beginning and browse throughout this site to learn about our Coleman and how you can become a part of it. You may also request information about various events and programs or join the restoration effort. We're located at 103 N. Main St., Miami, Oklahoma 74354. Check out our Photo Gallery!

http://colemantheatre.org/

****************

I was able to take a tour of the Coleman Theatre this summer during a trip out West. I was almost out of Oklahoma and wanted to mail some postcards, so at the post office in Miami, practically on the borders of Kansas and Missouri, I mailed them and asked what was there to see in Miami. They told me the Miami Theatre and pointed toward it just a block or so away. So away I went to go check it out. Here are a few of my pictures:













No comments: