Friday, August 15, 2008

Reflections on Washita Battlefield National Historic Site

Washita (excerpt from http://www.nps.gov/waba)
The site protects and interprets the setting along the Washita River where Lt. Col. George A. Custer led the 7th U.S. Cavalry on a surprise dawn attack against the Southern Cheyenne village of Peace Chief Black Kettle on November 27, 1868. The attack was an important event in the tragic clash of cultures of the Indian Wars era.

************

God did promise the Promised Land of Israel to all Twelve Tribes of Israel, presently held in trust by Judah (the Jews). And Manifest Destiny declared these "Lands of the Covenant" (USA in Hebrew/Artzot Habrit) were designed to become the inheritance of Manasseh, the son of Joseph and other Israelites primarily, and the same goes for the British-Israelite company of nations, commonwealth of nations.

I've been out to our American Southwest recently, and I enjoyed a wonderful discussion with a descendant of Cheyenne chief Black Kettle at the Washita River site where he was killed with his wife, Medicine Woman Later - both having survived the Sandy Creek Massacre - and when I asked her where she thought the Indians came from, even mentioning how I write on forums I'm a Native American (since I was born here), she said from the Bering Strait and that they've heard they probably have relatives up there!

I honestly said how I refer to Indians as Beringian immigrants, and unlike some self-hating and self-righteous White people on the internet, she didn't have a problem with anything I said!

When she pronounced the Cheyenne name for her people for me, she mentioned how it means "the People." I said folks would have a fit if White people referred to themselves as "the People" or as La Raza (the Race); She agreed the Indians fought among themselves before and after the White tribes came that were militarily superior and conquered them all; She also agreed God will settle these issues and put us all in our proper place when Yeshua returns, after I mentioned I believe the Bible reveals God divided the nations, separated the peoples, for His Supreme Purpose.


****************

The impressive Washita National Park Visitor Center offers folks a chance to share Visitor Perspectives. This is what I wrote:

These "Lands of the Covenant" (Artzot Habrit is Hebrew for USA) were destined to become the inheritance of Manasseh, the son of Joseph. However, the way we received our birthright and blessing, like Jacob who deceived his father Isaac, hasn't always been so honorable.

My spirit grieves for injustices suffered by both Beringian immigrants (American Indians) and White Israelites (Anglo-Saxon-Celtic and Northwestern European peoples).

David Ben-Ariel,
Toledo, Ohio, USA

Click on images to enlarge them.

Washita Battlefield



Washita Battlefield

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

No comments: