Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Confessions of a Lesbian

Aerogramme to Stella & Della from Kibbutz Regavim
Dec. 22, '89
Kibbutz Regavim
Israel
Shalom! I should write this later - it's 2:30 in the morning, but my French roommate Stefan is carrying on in a barrage of French (which I don't like/I hate) to our next door French "neighbor" Veronique. I've just come from dancing in our pub. I also drank 3 beers there & feel somewhat sick - last Friday - my first day here, I went "off the wagon" for the eve, drank about ten beers, somewhat blacked out, threw up - damn beer, it's so bloating. There's so many good-looking guys here from all over the world (volunteers/ulpan) & from the Kibbutz, cruisin' me in their own way, it's so frustrating - what's a girl to do? Tonight a girl from England (she's in my new Hebrew class) "confessed" she's a lesbian. I'd already guessed. Tomorrow I'm supposed to travel, I mean walk, about 1/2 hr. to an Arab village next to us called Kfar Kara. We're surrounded by Arab villages & we're nestled amongst many hills & pretty valleys, versus Sdot Yam's beach, sand dunes & ocean. I'm friends with so many Arabs employed here already, who have invited me to visit them. Mohammad, Zecharia, Tarik, Mohammed, Bassam, etc. So many of them look gorgeously Italian... Tonight, Sabbath eve, begins our Festival of Hanukkah, commemorating Jerusalem's liberation & the Temple's rededication. Yesterday I hitched & took buses to Sdot Yam to pick up my suitcase. I had earlier only brought my army bag. Out of all the nice people cruisin tonight... Sunday I might leave for Jerusalem for a night for Hanukkah & to Bethlehem for Xmas even tho' it's not a holiday for me. Asshole Bishop Tutu from S. Africa is visiting there.
Later,
Wuv,
David

No comments: