Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kibbutz Sdot Yam, Sept. '89

Aerogramme to Steve from Kibbutz Sdot Yam (volunteers are given so many aerogrammes each month, besides room & board and a small allowance).
Sept. 2, '89
Kibbutz Sdot Yam
Israel
4:30 p.m.
Steve - Shabbat Shalom!
Just after writing the date for this letter our pretty German girl - Susan from Bavaria - asked if we could study our Hebrew lessons together. I said after this letter. I've just returned from swimming in the Sea w/some friends from France - Michal & Francoise, Sher from Israel, Nubuya from Japan. I laid out for about 45 minutes afterwards. Last night I got buzzed drinking 95% alcohol (equivalent to 151 in America) mixed with Arak (like Oozo). We had a big barbecue on the Kibbutz's private beach w/everyone down there. We barbecued chicken & ate it w/pita bread under the many stars & listening to the violent surf. It was to mark summer's end & the kids new school year... So I drink & dance my brains out... I went to bed at 4... Such is life (in Hebrew "Zay Mighesh"). I now have my own cute room since my favorite S. African girls left to tour Israel & Greece. My room is pink & blue sheets, curtains, sheets hanging decoratively from the ceiling, etc. Well, write me! Mom said she talked w/you several times. Wish you were here. Honestly.
Love,
David

No comments: