Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Beit Shean, The Roman Theatre































Written on a postcard that says that on the front w/a picture of its ruins.
To Dale Andrews & Stella Mae
Maumee, Ohio

April 18, '90

Shalom! ("Shalom" written in Hebrew)

Thank you for SHANA! I've already
listened to it today twice. I also
got a letter & pictures from mom. I guess
my sister Sue just got back from Vegas, & Kim
from the Smokie Mtns. Lisa was supposed to be
in Walt Disney World for 3 days of Spring
Break. Today Donna & I went & visited these ruins
& ate ice-cream & drank at an outdoor cafe. Everyday is
hot now. I'm always barefoot (& pregnant) & she's always
wearing holy jeans - lovely couple. Mon. we hitched through
the Arab "West Bank" to Jericho (we said "are we crazy or what?!)
& visited the ruins & Arab town & went on to Jerusalem through the
Judean Desert. Tomorrow we leave for the farthest point south in Israel,
on a Gulf, a resort called Eilat. Some of my friends work down
there. We're to stay & sleep on the beach for 2 days & visit Timna National Park
Shabbat. Last night in Bet-Shean, I cruised & met & had sex with this guy from England who's on another kibbutz. We met at the volunteers bar/cafe & plan to mate again.
Now instead of Ireland - I think I'll go thru Europe.
I'll write later about it.
Love, David ("David" written in Hebrew)

No comments: