Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Jerusalem the Golden



































Written on a postcard that says that on the front with a picture of the golden sun going down over Jerusalem's Old City Walls and the Dome of the Rock.

Addressed to Steve Gwinn & Della Andrews
Maumee, Ohio

July 25,'89

Shalom!

I spent my 1st week bronzing on the Tel Aviv beach, but for the last 10 days I've been visiting Miriam at Ramat Yohanan. Their Hebrew classes are full, so I'll be moving to KIBBUTZ SDOT YAM, ISRAEL (after Aug. 9th you can write me).
It's in between Tel Aviv & Haifa
on the Mediterranean Sea. I'll
be there for at least 3 or 4 months.
I can't wait to get settled in
so I can relax my worked
nerves. I've made friends with
the wild & crazy volunteers here.
Last Friday we danced in our "disco"
(a Bomb shelter)
& had fun. Especially 2 Dutch brothers & me.
I'll show you a picture sometime.
If you see Bob or Chris or whoever, give them
my new address please.
Thanx.
Luv,
David

********
Two Dutch brothers at Kibbutz Ramat Yohanan

No comments: