Thursday, May 11, 2006

Eilat
































Postcard of "Dazzling Eilat by night"
(The Mountains are Jordan)

to Dale/Steve

April 21, '90

Shalom! (in Hebrew)
We just got back from our wonderful
trip & I'm exhausted & listening to Shana.
On our way down we stopped at the Dead Sea to
swim (float!). I saw 2 mtn. goats. We got into
Eilat in the evening & parked our bus on the
beach & slept there for 2 nights w/sleeping bags and/or
covers. It's beautiful down there, also ritzy &
flooded with tourists - reminded me so much of
Ft. Lauderdale. A gang of us went drinking (I bought a small bottle of J. Walker Red) at the Red Lion
& later both nights to The LIDO - gorgeous man works
there, but I tricked w/some tourist on the promenade...
We visited the underground observatory to see all the coral & fishes,
layed on the beach for hrs (drinking beer), went up on Mt. Yoash for the view of Egypt,
walked to death to see Red Canyon & later at Ein Gedi to see a
waterfall in the desert - beautiful! Donna & Chris
said I was really talking to some German guy I was
interested in at the bar, but I don't remember him the
faintest (or leaving the bar, only my trick later). Shameful.
Tomorrow's back to work. Tomorrow's also
Holocaust (Memorial) Day. Independence Day
(BiG BASH)
is next month.
Oh well, I'm tired, so I'll write later. Bye, Love - David (spelled in Hebrew)

No comments: