Sunday, May 14, 2006

SOUTH AFRICA/SUID AFRIKA

















Huge postcard to Steve & Doris
Table Mountain from Bloubergstrand. Inset photo: The Cango Caves near
Oudtshoorn; Forest Falls in the Eastern Transvaal; African lion

Mon. Dec. 16, '91
Cape Town, RSA

Shalom From
SOUTH AFRICA!

As I tell all - I can't believe I'm
actually here - it's wonderful!
I hitched from JOHANNESBURG to
CAPE TOWN (1200 miles) in 2 days time.
I went from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town via
the famous scenic "Garden Route." Such
wide open spaces, gigantic mountains, the beautiful
Indian Ocean Coast, Forests, white sand beaches,
PALM TREES!
I spent my first night w/one friend
who took me around the entire peninsula
(spectacular!), climbed part of Table Mtn.,
cruised the waterfront's many shops, etc.
Presently I'm with another friend & her
mother & sister. We spent the day on
the beach. The sun is wicked - but the weather's wonderful!
I'm excited about being
here & look forward to seeing the sites. Love, David

No comments: